Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Place baguette halves on a baking sheet, cut side up; sprinkle with half the cheese and 1/2 cup basil. Top with mushroom mixture, tomatoes and remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Cut each half into 3 portions.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
SOURCE: Taste of Home